The Yorktown Central School District is taking a proactive stance in maintaining a healthy school environment. The following procedures are being implemented to ward off potential colds and viruses.
1. The District is in contact with the Westchester Health Department for guidance in minimizing the spread of colds and viruses including the Enterovirus D68.
2. Nurses are aware of the signs and symptoms of the Enterovirus D68. Please see the YCSD Nurses' website(s) for more information.
3. Teachers are reminding students of good hygiene habits such as covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze and washing your hands.
4. Custodial staff is vigilant in disinfecting common areas.
5. School nurses will be in contact with parents of students who are hospitalized due to a respiratory illness. Please contact the school nurse to report an absence.
For Parents: Please see this site
for continuously updated information to help get the new year off to a great start!
Attention Parents of
Incoming Kindergarten Students:
Please see the Kindergarten Registration web site
for important information about the process and documentation you will need.