Call To Action: Tax Cap Reform Update
One of NYSSBA’s top priorities in the 2016 legislative session has been to secure common sense reforms to the property tax cap including:
- Making the allowable growth factor a consistent two percent (A.9026, Schimel)
- Counting BOCES capital costs in the capital exclusion (S.6640, Murphy / A.9183, Galef)
- Including PILOT properties in the tax base growth factor (S.1151-B, O’Mara / A.3611-A, Morelle)
- Preventing negative tax cap limits (S.7178, Seward and A9792, Lupardo))
- Redesigning the tax cap override process (S.5877-A, Croci / A.8136-A, Thiele)
- Accounting for enrollment growth in the tax cap calculation
For a timeline of Board of Education budget presentations click HERE
The entire community is welcome to attend all public Board of Education meetings.
The next meeting of the 2015-2016 school year is Monday, May 9th at 7:00 p.m. at Mildred E. Strang Middle School. Please see BoardDocs for each meeting agenda.
All Board of Education videos are here.
Each is annotated in conjunction with the agenda to make it viewer-friendly.
The most current BOE meeting video is shown via YCSD-TV via FIOS channel 27 and Cablevision channel 18 at both 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM daily.